"And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."
I'm pretty sure some people were screming end of the world after hearing about recent crisis in Syria with all the big world powers involved so I figured I might post something about this topic. Actually I wanted to post it earlier because it's popular topic and often weird ideas become popular and are then ascribed to Christianity.
So there's this dude, st. Robert Bellarmine, who wrote a book "Controversies" which touches this subject. From what I understand he basically gathered all info about end times from the Bible and early Christian tradition and compiled it. Unfortunately the book hasn't been translated to polish yet so I hadn't read it, but there's this sermon by a cool priest which is basically a tl;dr of st. Bellarmine's book.https://youtube.com/watch?v=_HuoR4qNOuU [Embed]
It seems like this sermon is a continuation of another sermon but sadly I couldn't find it on the web.
a tl;dr of what is going to happen before the end off the top of my head:
- a great apostasy in the church
- society will turn to immorality and baganism
- Antichrist will come, he's a literal person, he's not devil himself but he's devil's perfect tool
- Antichrist will be Jew, will observe Jewish law and will be received by Jews as the messiah
- before Antichrist comes, Jews will rebuild their temple in Jerusalem
- Antichrist will do many miracles imitating Jesus and many will follow him, he will declare himself to be god
- all religions (not just catholicism) will be banned in favor for worship of Antichrist, the few remaining faithful will be persecuted
- prophet Enoch and Elijah will come to earth, from scripture we know that those two are the only two old testament figures that didn't die but rather were taken bodily by God and are still alive, thanks to them many will convert including many Jews but they will be eventually killed
- after all that Antichrist will attempt to make his final miracle but will be struck by an angel and fall into hell
I might have missed something or mix stuff because it's late. Best thing would be if you would get that book (it's called "Antichrist" sometimes in English translation) or just watch that video, it's very informative.
If you're interested in more there are few more videos by this priests on this topic.
In another sermon same priest sees French Revolution and Napoleon as type of the end times. https://youtube.com/watch?v=41W0OHR4l-Y [Embed]https://youtube.com/watch?v=_9-oVoVqE9Y [Embed]
Same priest talks about what signs to look for. Also some ancient greek history included.https://youtube.com/watch?v=-zsnOhp7Wak [Embed]https://youtube.com/watch?v=8U89jJcJ2xk [Embed]
Not exact the same topic but it's overlaying with end times. It's rather lengthy but there's a lot of statistics being presented about state of the church and not-church in america so maybe some Bernds will be interested.https://youtube.com/watch?v=_9-oVoVqE9Y [Embed]