01/10/2017 (Tue) 09:17:59
* Add USB SATA adapter to connect SATA hard drives
* Add USB disc drive to read and write optical discs
* For VGA or DVI output, add HDMI-VGA or HDMI-DVI converter
* Can add arbitrarily many USB flash drives in RAID 0 to increase read and write speed
* Could possibly chain USB powerbanks with passthrough in series to combine capacity
Single Board Computers currently match Pentium 4 performance at 2-3% of the TDP, for example the Banana Pi M2 ($30) has a quad core ARMv7 with 1 GB DDR3 RAM. It can easily do all of that while also serving HTTP and running zdoom.
SBC: Banana Pi M2 ($30)
FSB: USB hub, 4 ports, powered ($5)
USB ports: USB hub ($5)
Battery: USB powerbank, 10000 mAh 2A, passthrough ($5)
Input: USB mini keyboard ($10), USB trackpad ($10)
Storage: 16 GB MicroSD ($10)
Network: Builtin WiFi ($0)
Message too long. Click here to view full text.