08/13/2017 (Sun) 20:29:46
- Simple code. No bloat. Do one thing and do it right (unix philosophy)
- Good security practices (no unnecessary permissions)
- Uses libsodium, a modern and stable crypto lib with well revised code. Uses AES-256.
- Leaks less metadata on pubkey
- Smaller pubkey.
I think they also have added pledge(2) to the reop ports on openbsd.
- No support for GUI tools, like for Thunderbird
- No support anywhere, really
- It's not maintained anymore (not exactly a problem, because the code is considered "done" by the author. No bugs found)
- Not audited by third-party
Message too long. Click here to view full text.