How would you design a graphic for a top ten list, where every number from 1-10 is an animated piece of shit?
I was thinking that number 1 is simply just a dookie dropping down from the top. Number 2 could be a really slow, wet laid cable of massive shit. Number 3 is diarrhea on a dry fart, a quick single splash from left to right that leaves a shaped skidmark. And that's how far I got.
And so begins a new phase for the project now that the animation for the tree has concluded. What I'm doing now is preparing the rest of the foilage I "designed" for depth of field coloration. That way, just like the tree I can copy paste it carefully into the landscape. Thus saving me hours of tracing and drawing
Reminder the new place is https://32ch.org/ I just made a /tv/ board that puts intellectual discussion above shitposting. https://32ch.org/tv/ Come by anytime and help it grow, it and the entire site has potential. Shitposting is allowed but to the bare minimum. This isn't spam, just an advertisement to spread to other sites, feel free to make a /film/ board over there, just know they hate "rulecucks."
Thought I should post this here to get more people there.
>>31 >>32 And then we discussed information theory! By the time a signal get's to you, the event is in the past. The more complex the event, the longer the signal takes. Accounting for the complexity of global society, if you want to understand the present, you need to study the past. That being said, fauvism is way cooler than whatever the fuck the mona lisa is on about.
> something else i learned from behind the scenes robert cop stuff isthat Robert's gun was custom made by beretta (peter couldnt remember specifically) and it was a big deal to get the gun into the country.
> The main weapon used by RoboCop (Peter Weller) is the "Auto 9". This is a Beretta 93R machine pistol which was heavily modified for the film, featuring a longer barrel with an enormous compensator/flash hider shaped like a casket, plastic grips, and a taller rear sight to match the raised front sight. Typically, RoboCop fires this weapon in 3-round burst mode. The fictional stats of the weapon claim it has an implausibly huge 50-round magazine.
Mark Rappaport - The Vanity Tables of Douglas Sirk (2015)
> A video essay exploring the frequency and meaning of that particular prop in a wide variety of Sirk movies. Is it a device that traps and keeps women in an artificial world with a limited point of view? Or is it a gateway to the past and the future, and a distorted but nevertheless real vision of the roles that woman are forced to play in society? It's an exploration of the texts and subtexts of commercial films and the subterranean and complicated ways that they affect us and can be read.
adding to the only decent thread here to reply to OP with suggestions
>>6 >The Animator's Survival Guide Read this if you want to hate animating. Williams makes it very tedious and takes the fun out of it, and animation should be fun. Check out http://johnkcurriculum.blogspot.com/ instead.
- Riven Phoenix [Not free, but cheap.] http://www.alienthink.com/figure-drawing/ He is not the best artist in the world, hell, he isn't good by a long shot. If you are a total beginner however, this is the absolute easiest way to get into drawing and breach the form over shape barrier. Just take each lesson, and draw along as he draws. Do at-least 1 video per day. Don't slack off, if you do, you won't see gains.
- Draw a Box [Free] http://drawabox.com/ You're going to find, as a beginner, that you probably suck with perspective and form. Here is some more hand-holding, and it is totally free.
- Drawing Tutorials Online [Paywall] http://drawingtutorialsonline.com/ You can learn everything you need too know for free, but it's a helluva lot easier with some professional critique. If you can afford $20 a month, this is probably one of the best $20 a month you can spend. Matt does feedback on Monday for submitted pieces, and there are a plethora of amazing video tutorials and live drawings here.
- Painting Tutorials Online [Paywall] http://www.painting-tutorials-online.com/ This is an off-shoot of DTO, and cost ~$9.99 a month. There is some great info on here, but your money is better spent on Drawing Tutorials Online.
- Timed Poses [Free] http://www.quickposes.com/gestures/timed I know you slack off on this. Stop slacking off on this. You need to be doing at least 20 quickposes a night. I do one set of 20 a night, with two sets of full body a week, one set of hands, and one set of faces a week.
This is 100% personal preference, and has little resemblance with classical methods. It's something I stumbled upon, and found I liked quite well. This palette lends nicely to realism since the colors are very much subdued. I will edit with a color-wheel sample at some point.
Brand - Winsor & Newton Winton Oil Color I love this brand, I've only picked up one 37ml tube where the oil was separated. It has a smooth texture, plays nicely with most mediums, IS CHEAP, and has wonderful coverage. I pay around $4-$8 per 37ml tube.
Note: Van Gogh is an option, but if you buy a large tube, be prepared to transfer it to another container (it bleeds like all hell). It also has poor coverage (less pigment) and about half the tubes I've opened had the oil separated. It's cheap though, it will get the job done.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FZDSCHOOL I fucking love this channel. The FZD school produces quality artists, but this channel is not for advertising the school. Rather, the owner himself is often providing amazing advice and answering questions. You should definitely be spending some time here.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrawMixPaint Alright, so be careful with this guy. He definitely has an agenda to push his products and method. I don't agree with his method at all, as it is basically tracing and voids the student of understanding form. His color theory though is right on, and I fell in love with his palette color choice. Although I prefer Flake White over Titanium White.
Edited last time by billybat on 02/16/2016 (Tue) 17:16:25.